Director- Human Resources
Chief Executive Officer, Shift Transit
Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, managing 30,000+ mobility assets on a day-to-day basis, including bicycles, scooters, carsharing vehicles, and shared vans in ten programs throughout North America. Shift Transit customers took over 8 million rides in 2023 alone.
Shift Transit is seeking a Human Resources Director who will serve as the head of the Human Resources department in managing and creating initiatives, systems, and best practices in recruitment, selection, hiring, training, safety and maintains all required records and documentation. The Director, Human Resources, will be responsible for development
of the company’s policies and procedures including onboarding and performance management for all company locations, with the emphasis on building and developing a strong, high performing, dynamic and culture-driven team.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Human Resources administration and familiarity with standard Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures are required. Additionally, the candidate must excel at working independently, as well as within an overall team structure that places utmost importance on culture and positive work environment.
- Develop and implement targeted recruitment strategies to build a robust and diverse applicant pool for all positions.
- Manage the hiring and onboarding process, along with orientation for all new staff
- Oversee background check and drug testing process
- Assist with the implementation of OSHA Workplace Safety
- Train, coach, and support managers to navigate evaluation, training, promotion, discipline, termination, and other HR issues.
- Design and implement an enhanced performance management system for staff evaluation
- Develop internal staff trainings and identify relevant available external trainings
- Payroll and benefits plan administration including all PTO policies
- Understand, interpret, and share relevant laws related to personnel management and ensure all HR processes and actions are compliant with local, state, and federal employment related rules and requirements
- Assist in management of unionized workforce, particularly relating to compliance of the collective bargaining agreement and working closely with union stewards
- Ability to manage several locations across North America and scale workforce on a seasonal basis
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Human Resources or other related Business Administration
- SHRM or HRCI PHR Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proven ability to work effectively with leaders across the Organization
- Ability to thrive and excel in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment requiring a strong sense of urgency and clear
- Experience with Canadian Human Resources is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other common technological business tools
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- This position may require travel
- This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
- This is an in-office position located in Chicago, IL
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish SHIFT Transit key performance indicators.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.