Customer Service Specialist
Who we are:
Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, overseeing 25,000 mobility assets on a daily basis, including scooters, bikes, carsharing vehicles and microtransit/paratransit vans. We partner with private, public, and non-profit clients to provide day-to-day fleet management, marketing, and customer service support for a wide array of mobility programs.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a driven and analytical customer service professional who will enhance and drive an exceptional customer experience for the Bike Share Toronto program. The Customer Service Specialist will help to uphold the brand reputation through problem solving customer issues and inquiries related to Bike Share Toronto products, services and overall experience. As a lead in the day-to-day customer service operation, your strong interpersonal and communication skills, alongside a solutions-oriented approach will be integral to leading a world-class customer experience. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be leading a seasonal team and act as key liaison to our call centre to ensure key performance indicators are met (and exceeded!). You will work alongside the Marketing and Operations teams to identify trends and share key insights to continuously improve communications, operations and overall customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- 1:1 Customer Communication
- Oversee customer queries is executed in a timely and accurate manner, via email, phone and social media (as needed by the Marketing team)
- Identify customer needs and help customers navigate Bike Share Toronto products and services
- Act as main liaison with our call centre; communicate to our call centre partners about software updates and the effects to product functionality or service provision
- Manage email communication strategies supporting the customer experience, in partnership with Marketing
- Member Experience
- Manage and execute membership fulfillment: new member kits, key replacements, gift card fulfillment
- Gather customer feedback and share with Customer Service, Marketing, and Operations teams
- Manage our Customer Satisfaction feedback and benchmarking efforts
- Innovate ways to enhance the customer experience
- Team Lead and Product Expert
- Work in collaboration with the Community Marketing Specialist to design and execute training for seasonal Customer Service and Community Ambassador staff
- Lead the Customer Service seasonal agents in daily task management
- Develop, maintain, and practice the Customer Service standard operating procedures
- Report and troubleshoot product malfunctions with our software/hardware partners
- Own reporting for the Customer Service Scorecard; daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on productivity, trends, satisfaction levels, call centre partner accountability against service level agreements and KPIs
- Support other Shift Transit partner programs as needed
- Some weekend days may be required during peak season (May – October)
- Special projects as assigned
The experience you’ll bring the team:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience within a Customer Service role
- Proven performance in customer satisfaction
- Experience with call centre software platforms
- Results-oriented problem-solver with strong communication skills
- You’re a data analytics whiz – you love to play with excel and other reporting tools to analyze and present data
- A self-starter with a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment. You are capable of multitasking in a dynamic and growing organization
- Experience with bike share and/or within the mobility space considered a great asset
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
- Shift Transit is proud to be Great Place To Work™ certified.