Bike Chattanooga is seeking a Bike Mechanic to help with all aspects of bicycle maintenance, cleaning, and repair. Training on technical and unique aspects of Bike Share bikes will be provided.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Inspect and evaluate bicycles for safety, functionality, and cleanliness.
- Perform routine bicycle maintenance, cleaning, and repairs as necessary.
- Use communication and computer technology effectively to record all maintenance/repair activity.
- Receive training on all aspects of Bicycle maintenance and repair
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit’s Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in bicycle repair.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts as assigned, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with hand, air, and power tools.
- Experience in construction, fabrication, or other similar trade.
- Previous bicycle, mechanical and/or logistics experience.
Shift Transit is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Shift Transit is a drug-free workplace.