Van Driver/Rebalancer, MoGo Detroit
March 22, 2019
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
As the operator of Detroit Bike Share, Shift Transit provides 430 bikes and 44 stations for Detroit’s first public bike share system – MoGo! MoGo provides short-term bike rental through a network of wireless, solar-powered kiosks located throughout greater Downtown Detroit.
Shift Transit is looking for a skilled driver who can effectively maintain and balance the system bike capacities to support daily MoGo operations. This individual, as a member of the MoGo operations team, will work closely with dispatch, and the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have prior driver experience and excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for moving bikes to and from the warehouse and stations throughout the MoGo system .
- Deliver world-class customer experience to Detroit riders by ensuring bike and bike docking availability.
- Maintain station cleanliness and operability.
- Assist in the repair any damaged station parts.
- Assist with battery maintenance
- Snow Removal
- Log all repairs and materials used during service.
- Maintain a clean/safe work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of prior driving experience, 2+ years highly desirable
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions outside, year-round.
- Availability to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
- This position may require some limited travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.