Maintenance Technician, ArborBike, Ann Arbor
March 4, 2020
Shift Transit is a leader in mobility operations, powering 5 bikeshare programs across North America. As the operator of ArborBike, Shift Transit is responsible for station deployment, bike and station maintenance, and customer service. As the system prepares to re-launch, Shift Transit is looking to hire a Maintenance Technician to join the team.
As a maintenance technician, you will be part of a team playing a leading role in driving bike availability for Ann Arbor customers and ensuring that they have a safe, reliable and predictable form of mobility. You will work on the maintenance and repair of ArborBike’s 150 bicycles and 14 stations. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe Bike Shop workspace, along with assisting in the ordering and receiving of the parts inventory. Have the ability to drive a large van with lift gate to redistribute bikes as needed based on real-time demand data. The ideal candidate will have excellent collaboration & communication skills, experience in bike repair, and the ability to multitask effectively, while taking great pride in their work.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all bike components and stations inclusive of electrical and physical issues, in a timely professional manner and as per manufacturer specifications
- Coordinate bike rebalancing between stations
- Drive company truck to rebalance stations
- Evaluate bike condition while rebalancing
- Inspect docking stations for operability, safety, and cleanliness
- Maintain the area around bike stations as needed to allow customers to use the service seamlessly
- Complete accurate reporting as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Live the Shift Transit philosophy every day
Learn more about our philosophy here.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in bike repair with a focus on quality
- Comfortable working with targets and deadlines
- Problem solving ability
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions year round
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings, weekends and /or holidays
- Must have great human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills, decision making and organizational skills
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.