Field Service Technician, Bike Share Toronto
September 24, 2019
The Field Service Technician works independently & as part of a team, and is responsible for ensuring the 465 Bike Share Toronto stations across the city are maintained according to manufacturer standards, functioning with <1% service disruption, delivering service excellence in the field. Field Service Technicians are tasked with inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing station equipment, as well as installing and removing Bike Share Toronto stations. The technician will always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive matter. The position will maintain a high commitment to safety. The Field Service Technician must demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies, a high level of integrity, and strong work ethic. Reports to the Field Service Supervisor. Part-time and Full-time opportunities available.
- Must complete all internal training requirements.
- Maintain a safe and organized workspace, following standard operating procedures.
- Communicate with Field Service Supervisor and other Field Technicians while on the job.
- Respond to directives from the management team.
- Perform Bike Share station connectivity troubleshooting and repairs.
- Identify and repair hardware issues with Bike Docking Points and various PCBs.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on Bike Share stations.
- Document work performed using a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Live the Shift Transit philosophy everyday.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license and a clean driver abstract.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions year-round.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must have great human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills, decision making and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge and of parts and maintenance procedures.
- Must be comfortable riding a bike in an urban environment.
- Experience with soldering and PCB repair/assembly an asset.
- Forklift operator ticket or crane operator ticket (OH&S sec.150) an asset but not required.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.
About Shift Transit
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, offering clients a robust suite of services. From operating all facets of bikeshare systems (including station site planning, station and bike deployment and maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and sales) to managing carsharing fleets, Shift Transit has quickly become one of the most agile and respected mobility management firms in the field. Shift Transit has 110 employees in seven offices across North America and currently powers bikesharing systems in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga, Tucson, and Ann Arbor and carsharing services in Chicago and Austin. In 2018 alone, customers took over 2.5 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Learn more about our philosophy here.