Rebalancer/Driver, Bike Share Toronto
Work alone or with others under the guidance of the Field Operations team. Drive a large van (Ford Transit/ Mercedes Sprinter) to redistribute bikes as needed based on real-time demand data. Load and unload van with bikes. Communicate with dispatchers and follow instructions delivered through dispatch software. Evaluate bike and bike station condition, and report issues to dispatch as needed. Maintain knowledge of the system to provide excellent customer service to current and potential customers in the field. Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections. Other duties as assigned.
- Perform a pre and post inspection of the rebalancing vehicle, address any issues with the Field Operations team.
- Follow instructions and respond to dispatch effectively
- Retrieve inoperative bicycles as per instructions.
- Inspect docking stations for operability, safety, and cleanliness.
- Maintain the area around bike stations as needed to allow members to use the service seamlessly.
- Set the highest standards when interacting with current and potential clients
- Collaborate with the Field Operations team to constantly improve the system, and escalate any issues to dispatch.
- Shift Transit is an equal employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license
- Must provide a clean driver abstract.
- Must have great customer interaction skills
- Must have an excellent knowledge of the City of Toronto, previous driving experience an asset
- Must be physically fit, able to do repetitive work, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be tech savvy; comfortable using a smartphone
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings weekends and /or holidays
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
About Shift Transit
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, offering clients a robust suite of services. From operating all facets of bikeshare systems (including station site planning, station and bike deployment and maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and sales) to managing carsharing fleets, Shift Transit has quickly become one of the most agile and respected mobility management firms in the field. Shift Transit has 110 employees in seven offices across North America and currently powers bikesharing systems in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga, Tucson, and Ann Arbor and carsharing services in Chicago and Austin. In 2018 alone, customers took over 2.5 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Shift Transit is seeking experienced drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle redistribution throughout Toronto. Rebalancers help to maintain optimal numbers of available docks and bikes for Bike Share Toronto customers.
Learn more about our philosophy here.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.