Deployment Team Associate, Bike Share Toronto
Reporting to the Director of Operations/Deployment and the Primary Deployment Team (PDT), you will be involved in the largest bike share system expansion the City of Toronto has ever seen. As a vital member of the Deployment Team, you will actively perform and assist the team with the 2019 expansion of the Bike Share Toronto operation.
To be successful in this position, you must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions, be physically fit, possess good manual dexterity and be able to use common hand/power tools. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, is safety-conscious and has an excellent work ethic. The applicant is self-motivated, yet able to follow directions within a dynamic, hands-on team environment.This is a short-term position, beginning in April 2019, for the duration of the project with the possibility of a full-time position extension for the right candidate.
- Complete mandatory daily safety orientations and ensure that all required PPE is worn and in good repair prior to performing in-house tasks or field deployment;
- Assist the Primary Deployment Team with pre and post-deployment tasks: cleaning, assembly, component branding/installation as needed and to Shift Transit standards;
- Assist PDT crew leaders with the field deployment of bike-share station components as required;
- Perform on-site station component adjustment/cleaning/maintenance to Shift Transit standards;
- Perform traffic support functions and other duties in the field as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 18 years of age or older
- Good verbal communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 34 kg / 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Able to bend, crawl, stoop, and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Comfortable using common hand tools
- A flexible schedule:
- must be available to work days, evenings, overnight shifts, weekends and /or holidays for the duration of the project
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic outdoor environment
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to complete assigned tasks
Preferred but not Required
- Valid Class G or higher Driver’s License
- WHMIS, Standard First Aid, Traffic Control/Flagger Certification
- Forklift Certification
- Mechanical, warehouse, and or production environment experience
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
ABOUT SHIFT TRANSIT
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, offering clients a robust suite of services. From operating all facets of bikeshare systems (including station site planning, station and bike deployment and maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and sales) to managing carsharing fleets, Shift Transit has quickly become one of the most agile and respected mobility management firms in the field. Shift Transit has 110 employees in seven offices across North America and currently powers bikesharing systems in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga, Tucson, and Ann Arbor and carsharing services in Chicago and Austin. In 2018 alone, customers took over 2.5 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Shift Transit is seeking experienced drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle redistribution throughout Toronto. Rebalancers help to maintain optimal numbers of available docks and bikes for Bike Share Toronto customers.
Learn more about our philosophy here.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUMÉ AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@BIKESHARETORONTO.COM