Community Marketing Specialist, Bike Share Toronto
August 27, 2020
Shift Transit is the operator for the Bike Share Toronto program, responsible for fleet management, station deployment, bike maintenance, marketing and customer service. Shift Transit is seeking a passionate and results-driven Community Marketing Specialist, with a knack for building a best-in-class customer experience, to join the team.
Bike Share Toronto is your greener, healthier and convenient active commuter solution. Offering 24/7 convenient access to 6,850 bikes and 625 stations, Bike Share Toronto spans 200 km2 of the city. Whether you're commuting or exploring the city with friends and family, bike share is a fun, flexible and affordable way to navigate Toronto.
As the Community Marketing Specialist, your primary objective is to assist in innovation and growth of Bike Share Toronto against the set ridership and membership goals. Tasked with executing member and user-focused initiatives, you will be responsible for driving member loyalty + retention marketing, leading the community ambassador team, managing activations & valet stations, social media management and organic content creation.
- Co-lead member experience, retention and user conversion communications strategy
- Drive organic social media execution; customer engagement, content creation, community growth and reporting
- Own the BikeShareToronto.com website management; page creation, updates, optimization and reporting
- Curate content in the form of blogs and web content, i.e email marketing, member communications, customer experience surveys, blog section – ex. Station Spotlights, Popular Routes and Member of the Month blogs - and more!
- Develop and execute integrated member loyalty and experience programs
- Lead the Community Ambassador seasonal team in-field; including training, scheduling, supervising and activating
- Manage the activation & valet station events calendar, alongside the Sr. Marketing Manager, to grow brand visibility, ridership and new user acquisition
- Attend events as a Bike Share Toronto representative and procure collateral, such as photos, video and info for marketing use
- Help to evaluate the effectiveness of event executions and develop reporting against pre-determined KPIs
- Communicating first-hand customer feedback and translating to customer experience improvements
- Lead special projects as assigned by the VP, Marketing
- Living the Shift Transit philosophy, policies and culture
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Mobility industry experience an asset
- Strong analytical, yet creative mindset
- Ability to look at the big picture then dissect into actionable executions
- Social media content curation and strong copywriting skills
- Proven results in driving online and social media campaigns
- Availability to occasionally work nights, weekend and/or holidays as per events calendar
- Energetic self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple projects
- Confidence to interact face-to-face with customers
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
ABOUT SHIFT TRANSIT
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading provider in mobility operations and management, offering a suite of services: operations management, marketing and sales, government relations and consulting to help our mobility clients. On a daily basis, Shift Transit manages over 18,000 mobility assets. In 2019 alone, customers took over 3 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Learn more about our philosophy here.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org