Community Ambassador, Bike Share Toronto
May 21, 2020
As the operator of Bike Share Toronto, Shift Transit is responsible for operations management,station deployment, bike maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and customer service. Shift Transit is seeking driven individuals with a passion for customer experience to join the team as Community Ambassadors.
Bike Share Toronto is your healthier, cheaper, and faster active commuter solution. Offering
24/7 convenient access to 5,000 bikes and 465 stations, Bike Share Toronto spans 100 km2 of the city. Whether you are commuting or exploring the City with friends and family, bike share is a fun and ﬂexible way to navigate Toronto.
As a Community Ambassador, your purpose is to educate on system use and communicate a positive brand image through frontline interaction with Bike Share Toronto members and
prospective riders. Tasked with increasing awareness and ridership through in-field
engagement, you will work in tandem with the marketing and customer service teams. You will be responsible for hosting valet stations, executing activations, driving ridership, and assisting customers. This is a part-time position, with opportunity for up to full-time hours. his is a contract role through to October 31, 2020 with a potential opportunity to stay on past the contract term.
- Hosting valet stations to increase bike and dock availability for riders where permanent stations may not be available
- Executing activations to increase ridership and membership
- Educating customers about products/services and assisting riders in-field
- Assisting with membership experience tasks: assigning new member keys, following up on active member account activity
- Checking bikes in-field when required
- Executing surveying and collecting user knowledge in-field
- Representing the brand positively while generating brand awareness through word-of-mouth marketing
- Building rapport and establishing relationships with potential customers
- Monitoring customer feedback and reporting back to management
- Customer service tasks as required
- Other tasks or special projects as outlined by your Manager
- Living the Shift Transit philosophy, policies and culture
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 18 years or older
- Valid G driver’s license preferred, but not required
- Must have a flexible schedule, as position consists of working days, nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to ride a bicycle in the city with confidence
- Excellent human relations skills, communication (verbal/written) skills, decision making and organizational skills
- Prior experience in a customer service or ambassador role is considered an asset
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
ABOUT SHIFT TRANSIT
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading provider in mobility operations and management, offering a suite of services: operations management, marketing and sales, government relations and consulting to help our mobility clients. On a daily basis, Shift Transit manages over 18,000 mobility assets. In 2019 alone, customers took over 3 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Learn more about our philosophy here.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com