Carsharing Field Technician, Los Angeles
March 10, 2020
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban mobility program development and operations. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our customers and our clients.
Shift Transit is looking for individuals to work the day-to-day operations of the LA car sharing operation. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions, be physically fit with good manual dexterity, and be able to use common hand tools. The ideal candidate has an excellent work ethic with a can-do attitude and is able to take direction within a dynamic, hands-on, team environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving a vehicle in city traffic, geographic knowledge of the City of LA, hold superior customer service skills, the ability to not only work alone but with the rest of the street team and make safety their priority, as well as pitch in when a need is present.
**Candidate must pass mandatory DMV background check and drug screening in order to be considered
- Responsible for the successful program execution of car-sharing services in LA
- Deliver world-class customer experience to LA drivers through behind-the-scenes operational excellence
- Ensure all contractual KPI’s are hit by quickly and efficiently responding to daily operational tasks
- React quickly and appropriately to ensure excellent customer experiences.
- Work closely with Operations Manager and all supervisors to ensure flawless program execution
- Ensure program compliance with all legal, contractual and safety requirement
- Vehicle cleaning and maintenance program with 30-point inspection
- Relocation and Optimization of vehicles
- Proactive approach to task completion
- Working with technology to ensure vehicle maintenance schedule and tracking
- Must be adaptable to an incredibly dynamic and fast-paced work environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common technological business tools
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions outside, year-round.
- Availability to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
- This position may require some limited travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.