Bike Mechanic, Bike Share Toronto
As a Bike Mechanic, you will play a leading role in the Bike Share Toronto operation. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Bike Share Toronto bike fleet. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible to maintain a safe Bike Shop workspace along with assisting in the ordering and receiving of the parts inventory. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, communication skills and can demonstrate their ability to successfully influence, mentor, and lead with poise and a positive attitude.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all bike electrical and physical issues in a timely professional manner
- Must complete all internal training
- Must assist with bike shop parts system inventory, ordering and receiving
- Lead in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace
- Complete accurate reporting as required
- Respond to directives from the management team
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Tire repair
- Brake replacement and adjustments
- Gear adjustments and repair
- Light wiring repairs
- Headset conditioning
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical experience/training REQUIRED
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A valid drivers license is required for this role
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions year round
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings weekends and /or holidays
- Must have great human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills, decision making and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and use of parts and maintenance procedure.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish company key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves.
About Shift Transit
Founded in 2015, Shift Transit is a leading mobility operations company, offering clients a robust suite of services. From operating all facets of bikeshare systems (including station site planning, station and bike deployment and maintenance, fleet rebalancing, marketing and sales) to managing carsharing fleets, Shift Transit has quickly become one of the most agile and respected mobility management firms in the field. Shift Transit has 110 employees in seven offices across North America and currently powers bikesharing systems in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga, Tucson, and Ann Arbor and carsharing services in Chicago and Austin. In 2018 alone, customers took over 2.5 million trips using Shift Transit platforms.
Shift Transit is seeking experienced drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle redistribution throughout Toronto. Rebalancers help to maintain optimal numbers of available docks and bikes for Bike Share Toronto customers.
Learn more about our philosophy here.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.