Bicycle Mechanic, Mogo Detroit
April 1, 2019
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
As the operator of Detroit Bike Share, Shift Transit provides 430 bikes and 43 stations for Detroit’s first public bike share system – MoGo! MoGo provides short-term bike rental through a network of wireless, solar-powered kiosks located throughout greater Downtown Detroit.
Shift Transit is looking for a skilled bicycle mechanic who can effectively repair bikes to support daily MoGo operations. This individual, as a member of the MoGo operations team, will work closely with the Bike Manager, and the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have prior bike repair experience, familiarity with parts inventory procedures, and excellent communication skills. They must be able to demonstrate their
ability to successfully repair bikes, document all repairs, and keep track of all parts used.
● Responsible for the day-to-day bike checks and repairs.
● Deliver world-class customer experience to Detroit riders through behind-the-
scenes bike maintenance.
● Maintain and overhaul bike systems as necessary
● Repair any damage to MoGo bikes
● Log all repairs and materials used during service
● Maintain a clean/safe work area
● Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
● 1 year of prior professional mechanic experience, 2+ years highly desirable
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
● Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
● Must be willing to work in all weather conditions outside, year-round.
● Availability to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
● This position may require some limited travel.
● Must have a valid driver’s license
● Must have the ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
● Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.