Rebalancer/Station Tech, Bike Chattanooga – Part Time
About Bike Chattanooga:
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
Bike Chattanooga, operated by Shift Transit, provides 345 bikes and 38 stations to the Chattanooga Community and visitors. Bike Chattanooga provides short-term, point-to-point, bike rentals through a network of wireless, solar-powered kiosks located throughout Downtown, the TN Riverwalk, and UTC Campus.
Rebalancer/Station Tech is responsible for the daily balance of the systems bike capacities and station maintenance to effectively support Bike Chattanooga’s daily operations. The ideal candidate should have prior driver experience and excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for moving bikes throughout the Bike Chattanooga system to ensure customer availability.
- Interact and assist customers during work hours and special events – represent Bike Chattanooga and SHIFT Transit responsibly and effectively.
- Inspect and evaluate bike share stations and bicycles for safety, function, and cleanliness.
- Identify, report and/or retrieve bicycles in need of in-house repair.
- Perform station maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Monitor Bike Chattanooga system status on a regular basis.
- Respond to and attempt to resolve reported station/bike-related problems.
- Assist with station assembly and installation as necessary/assigned.
- Work alone or under the guidance of the General Manager.
- Drive a commercial van to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand.
- Ensure OSHA compliant workplace and practices.
- Ensure a positive relationship between all service staff and management.
- Contribute to the future growth of Bike Chattanooga.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1 year of prior driving experience, 2+ years highly desirable
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions outside, year-round.
- Knowledge of Chattanooga geography and street layout.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude and basic computer literacy
- Availability to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.