Mobile Bike Checker, Bike Share Toronto
Reports to: Operations Manager, Toronto Bike Share
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
As the operator of Bike Share Toronto, Shift Transit will bring their expertise to the city of Toronto, joining other locations that are also managed by Shift Transit. The Toronto Bike Share program currently has 200 stations and over 2000 bicycles with a mandate to provide increased coverage and access.
As a Mobile Bike Checker, you will play an important role in the Bike Share Toronto operation to ensure a seamless and high quality customer experience. Utilizing the Toronto Bike Share bike fleet, you will bike between station locations to evaluate, clean and make minor repairs to our fleet. You will be responsible for the field screening and maintenance reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, superior customer service skills, communication skills and can demonstrate their ability to successfully influence, mentor, and lead with poise and a positive attitude.
- Must complete mandatory safety, skills assessment and orientation prior to field deployment
- Perform in-field bike inspections and on-site repair/adjustments according to Shift Transit standards
- Communicate field findings and activities directly to Operations leadership
- Coordinate location and retrieval of inoperative bikes in the field with Operations Dispatch
- Set the highest standards as a Bike Share Toronto Ambassador, interacting with tourists, locals, existing and potential Bike Share clients
- Perform other duties in the field as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be conditioned to bike 19-25 kilometers daily
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical experience/training REQUIRED
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Excellent knowledge of the city of Toronto and commuter routes
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions year round
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings weekends and /or holidays
- Must have great human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills, decision making and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and use of parts and maintenance procedures
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of thepopulation it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.