Marketing Lead, Tugo Bike Share
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban mobility program development and operations. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our customers and our clients.
Shift Transit is looking for a Marketing Lead, who will play an important role in expanding the Tugo Bike Share operation. You will be responsible for development, maintenance, and improvement of sponsorship, client and media relations for Tugo Bike Share. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining client relations, creating marketing media, and attending and developing marketing events.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate their ability to successfully influence, mentor, and lead a team with poise and a positive attitude.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns for clients and sponsors by assembling and analyzing ridership data and forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating Tucson event calendars.
- Creates new promotional material/events in cooperation with Shift Transit’s existing contracts and ideals
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing user data.
- Supports staff and ambassadors by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, new event and promotional plans.
- Attends and exhibits at events, trade and consumer shows.
- Researches competitive products and systems by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Leads the marketing decisions and ensures SNS are maintained and well managed (SNS sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Big Ads, Google Adwords, etc.)
- Implements promotional campaigns (such as on FB) and coordinates and expands upon influencer/blogger seedings/strategic partnerships.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the marketing emphasis, candidate will also play a significant role in day to day operations.
- Assist General Manager with customer service, rebalancing and station technology.
- Assisting in monthly bike checks and monthly bike reporting
- Assist in creating weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports for the client
- Identify process improvement initiatives as well as the development and implementation of related training requirements to support such initiatives (ex. Station software, website improvement and operational tracking).
- Work closely with GM to hire, train and empower staff.
- Direct and provide operational requirements by scheduling and assigning staff, closely monitoring daily work results and managing employee performance.
- Identify current and future operational trends; react quickly and appropriately to ensure excellent customer experiences.
Required Skills and Experience
- College/University degree required
- 4 years of experience managing staff, partners, and clients in a pressurized environment; relevant operational experience related to the role will be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common technological business tools
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- This position may require some limited travel.