General Manager, Tucson Bike Share
Reports to: Director of Operations, Shift Transit
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
As the operator of Tucson Bike Share, Shift Transit will bring their expertise to the city of Tucson, joining other locations that are also managed by Shift Transit. Shift Transit is looking for a senior operational leader who can take the day-to-day reigns of the current Tucson operation, in addition to managing the expansion of the program. This individual, as a member of the Shift Transit leadership team, will work closely with the CEO, as well as the entire leadership team of our supply partner, PBSC Urban Solutions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate their ability to successfully influence, mentor, and lead a large team with poise and a positive attitude. The General Manager of Tucson Bike Share will guide and oversee our team on the ground, providing superior customer satisfaction while navigating the challenges of a large scale logistical operation.
- Responsible for the successful program execution of Tucson Bike Share
- Deliver world-class customer experience to Tucson riders through behind-the-scenes operational excellence
- Work with Shift Transit’s CEO and partners to hire, train, and empower staff
- Direct and provide operational requirements by scheduling and assigning staff, closely monitoring daily work results and managing employee performance
- Identify current and future operational trends; react quickly and appropriately to ensure excellent customer experiences
- Identify process improvement initiatives as well as the development and implementation of related training requirements to support such initiatives
- Work closely managing multiple partners to ensure flawless program execution
- Ensure program compliance with all legal, contractual and safety requirements
- Create and document operational best practices
- Create monthly and ad-hoc reports for the client
Required Skills and Experience
- College/University degree required
- 6 years of experience managing staff, partners, and clients in a pressurized environment; relevant operational experience related to the role will be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common technological business tools
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- This position may require some limited travel.