Driver, Bike Share Toronto
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. The Toronto Bike Share program currently has 300 stations and over 3000 bicycles.
As a Rebalancer/Driver for Bike Share Toronto , you will partake in a crucial role in the redistribution process, in order to maintain and optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members. You will also be an ambassador for Bike Share Toronto in the community, providing the best customer service to current and potential members while actively engaged in your duties.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving a large vehicle in city traffic, geographic knowledge of the City of Toronto, hold superior customer service skills, the ability to not only work alone, but with the rest of the street team and make safety their priority, as well as pitch in when a need is present.
Candidates must complete mandatory safety skill assessment and orientation prior to deployment.
- Document and perform a pre and post inspection of the rebalancing vehicle, address any safety issues with Operations.
- Follow instructions and respond to dispatch effectively
- Retrieve inoperative bicycles as per instructions.
- Inspect docking stations for operability, safety, and cleanliness.
- Clean the area around the docking points to allow members to use the service seamlessly.
- Set the highest standards when interacting with tourists, locals, existing and potential clients
- Collaborate with Operations to constantly improve the system, and escalate any issues to dispatch.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license
- Must provide a clean driver abstract.
- Must be neat in appearance and have great human relations skills.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the City of Toronto
- Must be physically fit, able to do repetitive work, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable using a smartphone
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings weekends and /or holidays
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
To apply, please submit your application here.