Director of Marketing – Shift Transit and Bike Share Toronto
Reports to: CEO, Shift Transit
Shift Transit, a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations, is the operator of bike share programs in Toronto, Detroit, Chattanooga and Tucson with more cities being added to the pipeline in 2018. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning, close collaboration with our client cities, and an acute focus on customer service, we are able to deliver an excellent customer experience our riders and our clients alike. Shift Transit riders have taken over 1.4 million rides in 2017 alone!
In this hybrid role, the Director of Marketing for Shift Transit will play two important roles:
- The senior marketing executive for the Bike Share Toronto program including driving membership, ridership and revenue goals, developing and managing events and partnerships, and executing on the vision of any potential system sponsors.
- The senior marketing executive for all of Shift Transit, including oversight of Shift Transit trade shows, social media, sponsorship, marketing, and revenue generation in all cities.
Bike Share Toronto currently has 270 stations and over 2,750 bicycles with a mandate from our client, the Toronto Parking Authority, to provide increased coverage and access. Shift Transit is looking for a Director of Marketing who can take the day-to-day reigns of all marketing functions of the current Toronto operation. This individual, as a member of the Shift Transit leadership team, will work closely with the General Manager of Bike Share Toronto and the CEO of Shift Transit, as well as the entire leadership team of our supply partner, PBSC Urban Solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a vision for how best to represent the Shift Transit and Bike Share Toronto brands, incredible relationship building skills, and a demonstrated ability to successfully influence, mentor, inspire and lead a marketing department with poise and a positive attitude. Shift Transit is a growing company and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and nimble environment is a must! The Director of Marketing will guide and oversee the entire marketing operations on the ground, generating ridership through impeccable marketing initiatives, impressions, clicks, event participation, marketing materials, exposure and complete customer satisfaction while navigating the challenges of a large scale logistical operation.
- Responsible for the successful overall marketing execution of
Bike Share Toronto.
- Deliver a world-class customer experience to Toronto riders via marketing excellence and by partnering with the BST GM to drive ridership and awareness.
- Maintain and enhance all social media platforms for BST and Shift Transit
- Responsible for all press releases and media inquiries.
- Design a communication stream to existing clients.
- Lead design and application work of all on-station collateral.
- Partner with BST Sponsor throughout the entirety of the program.
- Initiate and oversee Brand Ambassador program.
- Design, implement and maintain a Concierge program throughout the service area.
- Identify and execute advertising opportunities within transit hubs and airports.
- Launch a unicorn bike program with local partners.
- Create and maintain Special Events calendar and BST participation in local events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College/University degree required.
- 6 years of experience managing a marketing program, staff, partners, and clients in a pressurized environment; relevant operational experience related to the role will be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative suites, Microsoft Office and other common technological business tools.
- Highly effective verbal, written, and visual communications skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Candidate is organized and systematic with managing their workload.
- This position may require some limited travel.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.