Community Manager, Bike Share Toronto
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients. As the operator of Bike Share Toronto, Shift Transit manages 2750 bikes and 270 stations.
We are looking for an energetic and driven digital marketer to join the team as Community Manager. The Community Manager will play a key role on the Marketing team, working alongside and reporting to the Director of Marketing, to deliver the brand’s mission and philosophy.
As a strategic team member, you will focus on engaging with Bike Share Toronto members, riders and communities as a whole via digital and event executions. Our vision is to present Bike Share Toronto as a leading sustainable means of transportation for the purpose of commuting and fun. This translates into a mission that supports the development of in-market programs to get new riders thinking about Bike Share Toronto and further engaging existing users. Leading our Brand Ambassadors and supporting the community and bike efforts will play a role in delivering our mission, while simultaneously executing a digital outreach strategy.
- Manage the social media execution across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for Bike Share Toronto
- Write content and grow the community followers
- Drive organic and paid social media initiatives
- Execute partnership social media agendas
- Report on metrics on a monthly basis against pre-determined KPIs
- Manage the Marketing events calendar together with the Director of Marketing; fill with events BST needs to be at to grow ridership and brand visibility
- Assist in building a content library including: pictures, videos, member profiles, etc
- Coordinate event logistics
- Help drive Bike Share Toronto’s community event involvement through facilitating across planning, logistics and execution stages
- Coordinate the Brand Ambassador team to cover key events in the calendar
- Help to evaluate the effectiveness of event executions against pre-determined event KPIs
- Attend events as a Bike Share Toronto representative and procure collateral, such as photos and info for marketing use
- Develop and execute email programs; monthly member newsletter, member recapture email campaign, casual rider email campaign
- Maintain website, assist with updates and populate with new content on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with and assist the Director of Marketing on strategic marketing plans aiming to deliver increased ridership
- Support and help manage special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing
Required Skills and Experience
- College/University degree required
- Experience creating and executing marketing and campaigns and programs that drive user engagement
- A passion for social media and creating communities; digital and in-person connections
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of digital social media management tools and software
- Availability to occasionally work nights, weekend and/or holidays as per events calendar
- Must have a valid driver’s license
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators. Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of the population it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.