Bike Mechanic, Tucson Bike Share – Part Time/ Full Time
Bike Mechanic Position Overview
As a Bike Mechanic, you will play a leading role in the Tucson Bike Share operation. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Tucson Bike Share bike fleet. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible to maintain a safe Bike Shop work space along with assisting in the ordering and receiving of the parts inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all bike electrical and physical issues in a timely professional manner
- Must complete all internal training
- Must assist with Bike shop parts system inventory, ordering and receiving.
- Lead in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace
- Complete accurate reporting as required
- Respond to directives from management team
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Tire repair
- Brake Replacement and adjustments
- Gear adjustments and repair
- Light wiring repairs
- Heatset conditioning
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Mechanical experience/training is REQUIRED.
- Minimum 18 years of age or older.
- A valid Driver’s License is required for the job.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must have the ability to: bend, crawl, stoop, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions outdoors year round.
- Position consists of working nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Good human relations skills, communication (verbal/written) skills, decision making and organizational skills. General knowledge and use of parts, and maintenance procedures.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
Employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.