Bike Mechanic, Bike Share Toronto
Reports to: Operations Manager, Bike Share Toronto
Shift Transit is a leader in North American urban bicycle share program development and operations. Shift Transit, with its partner PBSC Urban Solutions, has years of experience planning, implementing, and operating bicycle share programs across North America. Through careful planning and collaboration with our clients in each city, we take pride in delivering an excellent experience to both our riders and our clients.
As the operator of Bike Share Toronto, Shift Transit will bring their expertise to the city of Toronto, joining other locations that are also managed by Shift Transit. The Toronto Bike Share program currently has 200 stations and over 2000 bicycles with a mandate to provide increased coverage and access.
As a Bike Mechanic, you will play a leading role in the Bike Share Toronto operation. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Bike Share Toronto bike fleet. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible to maintain a safe Bike Shop work space along with assisting in the ordering and receiving of the parts inventory.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, communication skills and can demonstrate their ability to successfully influence, mentor, and lead with poise and a positive attitude.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all bike electrical and physical issues in a timely professional manner
- Must complete all internal training
- Must assist with Bike shop parts system inventory, ordering and receiving
- Lead in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace
- Complete accurate reporting as required
- Respond to directives from management team
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Tire repair
- Brake replacement and adjustments
- Gear adjustments and repair
- Light wiring repairs
- Headset conditioning
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical experience/training REQUIRED
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- A valid drivers license is required for this role
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must have the ability to bend, crawl, stoop and stand for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions year round
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of days, evenings weekends and /or holidays
- Must have great human relations skills, written and verbal communication skills, decision making and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and use of parts and maintenance procedures
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Shift Transit key performance indicators.
- Shift Transit Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive culture with a workforce that is representative of thepopulation it serves. Applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members are encouraged.